An ordinance is a law passed by the City of Rutland government. Most of the Ordinances for the City of Rutland may be found below; please call City Hall if you do not find the information you are seeking (701-724-3081).
The City of Rutland residents approved the City Home Rule Charter on November 30, 2010.
If you have any questions regarding a particular ordinance, please call City Hall and we will be happy to help you.
- Home Rule Charter
- 2018 Comprehensive Plan
- Chapter 1 - Government Organization
- Chapter 2 - Ordinances
- Chapter 3 - Article 5 - Trees
- Chapter 6 - Zoning
- Chapter 7 - Water and Sewer
- Chapter 8 - Business Licenses
- Chapter 10 - Health
- Chapter 11 - Animals and Fowl
- Chapter 12 - Public Nuisances
- Chapter 13 - Offenses & Miscellaneous Provisions
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a permit to replace my deck?
You do not need a permit to replace a deck IF the new deck is the same size as the existing deck. If the new deck is larger than the original, then a permit will be required.